Note: This article describes how to point a domain that is NOT in your cPanel account (as a primary or addon domain) to Squarespace. We have this guide for clients pointing their domain to Squarespace with cPanel.
1. Navigate to the Services menu and then select DNS Manager from the drop down menu.
2. Add the new domain to the Zone Name field, select Create.
3. The new domain will now appear within the area to the left titled Your DNS Zones – select Edit
4. Within the A (IP Address) fields, add the four IP addresses exactly as below, select Create after each entry. Include the @ symbol in the Host field, and insert 86400 in the TTL field.
Host IP Address TTL
@ 22.214.171.124 86400
@ 126.96.36.199 86400
@ 188.8.131.52 86400
@ 184.108.40.206 86400
5. Within the CNAME (Canonical Name) add the following records including the Host, Hostname and TTL:
Host Hostname TTL
www ext-cust.squarespace.com 86400
IMPORTANT: Domain verification with Squarespace
Squarespace requires you to validate you own the domain – this usually requires creating a CNAME record as above however the Host field will have a special code provided by Squarespace, along with verify.squarespace.com within the Hostname field, and 84600in the TTL field. This step must be completed to successfully connect the Squarespace service.