Moving your domain from your current registrar involves the following steps:
1. Creating a transfer order to move your domain to serversaurus.
2. Paying the invoice from the above order, which starts the transfer process.
3. Approving the transfer request that will be emailed to you from your current registrar.
Before you create the transfer order make sure you have completed the following steps:
1. Obtain your EPP Code (sometimes known as AUTH code) from your current domain registrar. Log in to your console/control panel at your domain registrar and look for the EPP Code or Auth code for your domain. Sometimes it isn’t listed but there is a button to have it emailed to you.
2. Turn off a “Private Registration” or “Protection” if your domain has one. These features replace your contact details with your domain registrar’s on your domain registration. This feature is used so that your details aren’t publicly listed, however this means that the confirmation emails for the domain transfer will go to your registrar instead of you, where they will often be ignored.
3. Make sure your domain is “Unlocked”. If it is locked, the transfer cannot proceed. Log in to your console/control panel at your domain registrar and look for the section which shows whether the domain is locked or not, and unlock it.
Log in to your Serversaurus account. Click Domains at the top, then click on the “Transfer Domains to us” menu item. Enter your domain in the box, and the EPP code you have obtained. Click "Add to Cart" and proceed with the steps for payment. Once we have received payment, the transfer process will start.
Once you have created the transfer order, keep an eye out for an email message from your current registrar called “Confirmation of Registrar Transfer Request” or similar. You should receive it within 24hours of requesting the transfer. You will need to follow the steps in the email message: it may be just clicking on a link, but it may involve a few more steps, like logging in to your console/control panel and approving the transfer. Once it is approved, the transfer should proceed within 48hours and you will get a confirmation email.