Moving your domain from your current registrar involves the following steps:
1. Creating a transfer order to move your domain to serversaurus.
2. Paying the invoice from the above order, which starts the transfer process.
3. Approving the transfer request that will be emailed to you from your current registrar.
Before you create the transfer order make sure you have completed the following steps:
1. Obtain your EPP Code (sometimes known as AUTH code) from your current domain registrar. Log in to your console/control panel at your domain registrar and look for the EPP Code or Auth code for your domain. Sometimes it isn’t listed but there is a button to have it emailed to you.
2. Turn off a Private Registration or Protection if applicable. These features replace your contact details with your domain registrar’s on your domain registration. This feature is used so your details aren’t publicly listed however this means the confirmation emails for the domain transfer will go to your registrar instead of you, where they will often be ignored.
3. Make sure your domain is Unlocked. If locked, the transfer cannot proceed. Log in to your console/control panel at your domain registrar and look for the section which shows whether the domain is locked or not, and unlock it.
Log in to your Serversaurus account. Click Domains at the top, then select Transfer Domains to us menu item. Enter your domain in the box, and the EPP code you have obtained. Click Add to Cart and proceed with the steps for payment. Once payment is received, the transfer process will start automatically.
Once you have created the transfer order, keep an eye out for an email from your current registrar called Confirmation of Registrar Transfer Request or similar. You should receive it within 24hours of requesting the transfer. You will need to follow the steps in the email message: it may be just clicking on a link, but it may involve a few more steps, like logging in to your console/control panel and approving the transfer. Once it is approved, the transfer should proceed within 48hours and you will get a confirmation email.