Automated WordPress updates are recommended for security purposes however on occasion it may be preferred to manually apply updates to ensure compatibility. You can disable automatic WordPress updates by adding an entry to your wp-config.php file.
To complete this guide, please ensure you have SSH Access to your hosting server. Serversaurus hosting relies on key based authentication to login via SSH/SFTP. To set up SSH access you can generate a SSH key pair and configure it in cPanel before proceeding with this guide.
- Open your terminal window and ssh onto your hosting server:
- Change into the public_html directory (or alternative document root location):
- Open the wp-config.php file:
- Paste the following text to the end of your wp-config.php file by typing i:
define( 'AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED', true );
- Once completed press esc and wq! to save.