You are able to disable the automatic WordPress updates by adding an entry to your wp-config.php file.
To follow this tutorial you will need your FTP details (these are the same as your cPanel login credentials). If you have forgotten your credentials, they were included in the original ‘Welcome to Serversaurus Hosting’ email which you should be able to find in your inbox otherwise follow these instructions on how to update your cPanel password.
1. Open your terminal window and ssh onto your hosting server:
When prompted, enter your password
2. Change into your public_html directory:
3. Open the wp-config.php file:
4. Add the following text to the end of your wp-config.php, to insert the text firstly type i to enter insert mode, then paste the text below:
define( 'AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED', true );
5. To exit insert mode press the esc key then enter :wq! to save. The automatic updates will no longer be applied.